CRYSTAL QUEST® Countertop Replaceable Single Fluoride Multi PLUS Water Filter System is dependable and built to last for years. This counter top system installs in seconds and sits on the counter top for water on demand. Quick and easy to use, stylish, convenient, and effectively removes FLUORIDE and hundreds of contaminants from water.
“Over the past ten years a large body of peer-reviewed science has raised concerns that fluoride may present unreasonable health risks, particularly among children, at levels routinely added to tap water in American cities.” ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING GROUP, July 2005.
Fluoride (F-) is a common constituent of many minerals. Municipal water treatment plants commonly add fluoride to the water for prevention of tooth decay, and they try to maintain a level of 1.5 - 2.5 mg/l. Concentrations above 5 mg/l are detrimental to tooth structure. High concentrations are contained in waste water from the manufacture of glass and steel, as well as from foundry operations. Organic fluorine is present in vegetables, fruits, and nuts. Inorganic fluorine, under the name of sodium fluoride, is a waste product of aluminum and is used in some rat poisons. The MCL established for drinking water by the US EPA is 4 mg/l.
CRYSTAL QUEST® Fluoride Water Filters are utilizing high capacity synthetic absorbent media that is highly selective for FLUORIDE , lead and arsenic. This high capacity synthetic absorbent media's extremely high surface area and pore distribution gives this media the highest possible operating capacity and lowest possible leakage. It is a synthetic aluminum oxide that is specially processed to have a minimum of fines and other foreign matter, removes metals through a combination of adsorption and chemical reaction with the media, thus the removal is not dependent on ion exchange and has a uniform particle size similar to ion exchange resins. It has minimal shrinkage or swelling and low pressure loss. It is physically stable and can be used over a wide pH range.
Water travels through 6 stages of filtration
- In stage 2, and 6 water water flows through pre and post one - micron filter pads (1 micron equals 1/25,000th of an inch), which remove suspended particles such as silt, sediment, cyst (Giardia, Cryptosporidium), sand, rust, dirt, and other un-dissolved matter.
- In stages 3 and 4, water flows through a bed of media made of a special high-purity alloy blend of two dissimilar metals - copper and zinc (KDF-55D ®, and KDF-85D ®.) KDF is a major advancement in water treatment technology that works on the electro-chemical and spontaneous-oxidation-reduction (REDOX) principles. Chlorine is instantaneously and almost inexhaustibly oxidized.
- In stages 5, water flows through granulated activated carbon (GAC). GAC is universally recognized and widely used as an effective adsorbent for a wide variety of organic contaminants, such as chlorine (99.9%), chemicals linked to cancer (THM's, benzine) pesticides, herbicides, insecticides, volatile organic compounds (VOC's), PCB's, MTBE's and hundreds of other chemical contaminants that may be present in water causing bad taste and odors in your drinking water.
- Recommended flow rate: below 0.5 GPM.
- Sits on the counter and easily connects to any kitchen faucet.
- A diverter valve switches between filtered and unfiltered water.Click here for more information Option:
Use for any countertop/faucet and helps remove the sediment thus enabling your filter to work more efficiently.
Click here for Fluoride Multi PLUS replacement cartridge
- Dimensions: 5" x 12"
- Weight: 5 lbs
- Flow rate - .75 to 1 gallon per minute Click here to download CRYSTAL QUEST® Replaceable Countertop Water Filter Systems Manual
|Country of Manufacture||United States|
|Dimensions||5"L x 13"H x 5"W|
CQE-RC-04049 » 2-7/8" x 9-3/4" Fluoride/Multi Filter Cartridge
Lifespan 9 months